In this article, you will get tips on using the graph view and examples of how you can use the NewsFlow module.
Graph view tips:
- Change to a weekly view by clicking on “Show > Week” in the top left-hand corner of the graph.
- Add no more than 10 companies, topics or industries in order to ensure the readability of the graph.
- Click on the company/topic/industry at the bottom of the graph to hide/unhide the associated data from the graph.
- Use the “Select language” box in the filters on the right-hand side of the graph to get results from a particular country’s news sources.
This module is helpful to:
- Monitor underlying topics of material issues.
- Identify peaks in news on a particular company and explore the list of articles to see if they’re on the same story or on different stories.
- Compare the media attention received by different companies, for example, your peers, or by another group of corporate stakeholders, like suppliers, potential suppliers, customers, sustainability leaders, etc.
- Track the media attention on a group of companies over time by building a watchlist and doing a weekly check to identify top stories.
- Understand the context in which some stories are discussed thanks to meta tags, which can reveal potential areas of risk.