In this article, you will learn how to complement Datamaran sources and further tailor your analysis by adding your data.
In order to complement Datamaran sources and further tailor your analysis, you can add external data to the analysis by using the box “Would you like other options?” at the bottom of the external view or by selecting the “Custom data” option in the internal view. You can add up to 10 custom data columns to the model. An example can be the inclusion of employee satisfaction surveys from the HR department in your analysis.
Custom data must be uploaded in the format defined by the template file available directly in the “Would you like other options?” box in the external view or in the “Custom data” option in the internal view.
- Download the template file (note: you can use any type of scale; Datamaran will automatically rescale your input in the scale used in the results table).
- Transpose your data in the template file by editing the issue score in column B.
- Rename the file and save it on your computer.
- Upload the template file by picking the ‘select file’ option.
- After verification, a message alert will confirm that the data is correct.
- Click on “Upload to matrix” to complete the process.
- You will see a message confirming that the data were uploaded.