In this article, you will learn how Datamaran can help you identify emerging topics in your peers’ reporting as well as topics that have become more apparent in your own reporting.
To identify developments you will need to perform a search in the Companies tab:
- Go to the Datamaran Search function, select ‘Companies’ and choose a company of interest OR click on any company from your peer list in Datamaran Benchmark.
- Datamaran directly loads the company’s latest financial report, comparing the emphasis of the top 20 topics of that report to the emphasis on those topics in the previous year. Here you can quickly spot development and emerging topics.
- In order to find out how these developing topics are now referenced in the report you are looking at, go to the lens icon next to the report name on the left-hand side.
- Select the topic you want to look at from the selection bar at the top of the pop-up window.
- Datamaran’s AI now highlights the sections in the report that reference the topic as defined in the scope of the topic.
The video below explains in detail how to perform your analysis.