In this article, you will learn how to use the Datamaran Search tool to identify your peers' commitments on non-financial issues, disclosed in their reports.
To find this information you will need to perform a search in the Reports tab:
- Go to the Search module.
- You will automatically land on the Reports tab.
- You can copy and paste the search query sample below and modify it to search your terms of interest, or build a search query.
"commits"\"[insert topic]"~5 OR "commit\"[insert topic]\""~5 OR "commitment\"[insert topic]\""~5 OR "committed\"[insert topic]\""~5
Here is an example:
"commits\"climate change\""~5 OR "commit\"climate change\""~5 OR "commitment\"climate change\""~5 OR "committed\"climate change\""~5
- Refine your results with the filters on the left-hand panel to focus your analysis on your companies of interest. After any changes of filter have been made, do not forget to click on “Update analysis” at the top or bottom of the filter panel.
- Explore disclosure practices and pinpoint exact references to any term(s) within company reports with highlighted sections.
- Download your search results and visualizations for reporting and communication purposes.