In this article, you will learn how to populate the internal view of your analysis based on your company’s latest disclosure.
This exercise can be used for different applications:
- Run a preliminary analysis to inform stakeholder engagement
- Run a communication gap analysis to prepare your next report and identify where you should enhance disclosure
- Refresh your analysis with Datamaran-only data
Here are the steps to follow to feed the internal view (x-axis) with your company’s latest disclosure:
- Clone your materiality assessment to have the same list of issues.
- Give a name to your cloned analysis and click on the “Clone” button.
- Go to the external view of the cloned analysis. In the benchmark source select only your company.
- You can keep the same selection for the other sources (Regulations, NewsFlow and Social) but make sure that all the above sections are saved (i.e. no orange checkmarks) to continue and click on “All set, let’s capture and continue”.
- Download the “table data” from the menu on your current analysis (top right-hand corner above the matrix).
- Save the file on your computer and select and copy the results from the “Benchmark” column representing your organization.
- Go back to your original materiality analysis. And open the internal view.
- Open the importance options and select custom data.
- Download the template file: this will ensure that you have the right list of issues, in the right order. Note that this file contains dummy data that must be replaced.
- Paste the results from the benchmark file in the template file to replace the dummy data and save it on your computer.
- Upload the template file by selecting the “Select file” option. A message will appear telling you that the data are correct and you can upload them. If that is not the case, please confirm you’ve downloaded the data with the correct list of topics (i.e. step 1 to clone same analysis with same issues).
- Click on upload data to complete the process.
- You will see a message to confirm that the data were uploaded.
- Click on “Generate matrix” to display the results on the horizontal axis and in the “Internal view” column of the summary table.