In this article, you will learn how to use and read the “Topic comparison” tab.
The Topic comparison tab allows you to select one or several topics in order to compare the level of attention received on Twitter over time.
You can therefore monitor public opinion based on Twitter activity around different selected issues. e.g. does Climate Change receive more attention than Business Ethics?
In order to carry out a topic comparison, follow these steps:
- Click on Social.
- You will automatically land on the Topic comparison tab.
- In the filter pane on the left-hand side, and in the “Topics” box, select one or several Social topics.
- In the “Metrics” box, select one of the three options: “Total tweets,” “Unique contributors,” or “Unique tweets.”
- Click on “Refresh analysis” at the top of the filter pane.
- The graph will update to show the data related to the selected topics and metrics.
- The table underneath the graph gives you the raw data by topic and by metric. You can navigate the pages to see the complete data by using the numbers and arrows at the bottom of the table.
- You can download both the graph and the underlying raw data by clicking on the “download” icon at the top right-hand corner of each element.
By clicking on a data point on the graph, you will automatically be redirected to the “Topic details” tab.